1. True,one-handed application tourniquet ,used by both conventional and Special Operation forces.
2. Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities.
3. Can be self-applied or applied by a fellow first responder.
4. Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding.
5. Designed to perform in all weather conditions.
6. Small and cost-effective.
7.Tourniquet for IFAK bag.
1. Apply tourniquet proximal to the bleeding site and place the wounded limb through the band loop.
2. Pull the band very tight and fasten it back on itself.
3. Adhere the band around the limb.
4.Twist the rod until bright red bleeding stops.
5. Place the rod inside the clip and lock.
6.Check bleeding condition, apply additional tightening next to the tourniquet and reassess if massive bleeding continues.
7. Adhere band over the rod inside the clip around the limb.
8. Secure the rod and band with the strap, transport reassess, record applied time on white strap if possible.
In the field of emergency use mainly in rubber tourniquet and cloth with tourniquet. Rubber tourniquet is a special rubber hose, rubber bands can be used in the field, such as bicycle inner tube instead. When used to put tourniquets on the appropriate parts of the body, such as the upper limb to be placed in the upper arm on the 1/3; lower limb on the thigh in the lower 1/3. First place in the upper tourniquet with a layer of soft cloth, such as towels, masks, etc. to protect the skin. The rescuer with his left thumb, forefinger and middle finger holding tourniquet head, the right hand will be tightened around the limb of the limb after a circle to suppress the head, and then around the limb after the right hand holding the end of the left hand index finger middle finger , The middle finger from the index finger to clamp the tail from the end of the two tourniquet pull out half, making it a slipknot. If you need to loose the tourniquet, simply pull the tail out. A tourniquet is a tourniquet made of bandage or cloth. On-site first aid can be used towels, clothing tear tape instead of cloth. Will be wrapped around the limb body with a circle after the knot, insert a small wooden stick tight circle, side blew to see the bleeding situation, arterial bleeding just stop is appropriate elastic. And then fixed with a small wooden stick with a cloth.The use of tourniquet is relatively simple, but the use of more complex principles. Only accurate grasp of these principles used properly, can play a life and limb to save the role, otherwise it will lead to amputation and disability.
1. On the tourniquet before, should first raise the injured limb, prompting the venous blood flow back to the body, thereby reducing blood loss.
2. The tourniquet position should be effective in the premise of bleeding, as close to the bleeding site. But in the middle of the upper arm prohibit the use of tourniquet, because there is radial nerve from the humerus surface through the tourniquet of compression can cause radial nerve injury, and thus make the forearm the following functions difficult to restore.
3. Tourniquet can not be tied directly to the limb, the site should be prepared to stop tourniquet with a layer of dressing, towels and other soft cloth pad to protect the skin.
4. With a towel, big handkerchief and other on-site production of cloth with tourniquet, the first should be stacked growth strip, 5 cm wide, in order to force evenly. Prohibit the use of wires, wires, strings and other fine and inelastic articles for the tourniquet, because these items not only hemostatic effect is not ideal but also damage the skin, for the future treatment and rehabilitation of trouble.
5. Tied to the blood belt when the degree of tightness just to suppress the arterial bleeding is appropriate. On the belt caused by tight tourniquet skin, nerves, blood vessels and muscle damage, and even cause distal limb necrosis, is not conducive to the future recovery of limb function; with too loose only to suppress the vein not suppress the artery, Not only out of blood, not only fail to hemostasis but increased bleeding. On the success of the standard is, distal arterial bleeding stopped, arterial pulse disappeared, acral white.
6. The tourniquet on the tourniquet must be clearly marked, and in the tourniquet around or on the skin clearly write on with time. To prevent injury limb ischemia and necrosis, every 40 to 60 minutes to relax the tourniquet l ~ 2 minutes, when the action to be slow to loose belt, and need to refer to pressure to reduce bleeding bleeding. If the wounded general condition is poor, wound, bleeding volume, may be appropriate to extend the time to relax the tourniquet. However, the total time of tourniquet use can not exceed 5 hours, otherwise the distal limb is difficult to survive. If more than 9 hours are still the way the wounded were transported to the hospital, then no longer time to relax the tourniquet, because the distal limb is no longer possible to survive. Necrosis of the cells will release potassium ions, myoglobin and peptides and other toxic substances. If the body at this time release, these toxic substances will flow into the body with the vein, resulting in poisoning, can lead to sudden cardiac arrest and death. The same reason, in the earthquake disaster area, if the wounded limb was buried pressure for too long, due to ischemia and hypoxia has occurred in tissue necrosis, in order to prevent the toxins back to the body, should be quickly limb with a tourniquet ligation, And then remove the pressed objects, and then sent to the hospital for further treatment.